EKU students can manage expenses and enjoy healthy, nourishing meals that fit their lifestyles using a two-component meal plan:
Dining Dollars (or flex) to be spent at any campus dining location.
- Dining Dollars work just like cash at campus dining and convenience locations. Funds are loaded to your account at the beginning of each semester and you can track your use of them through the GET portal.
- Dining Dollars transactions are tax exempt, saving you money on your dining purchases.
- Dining Dollar balances are forfeited at the end of the academic year. Any unused funds from the fall semester will roll to the spring semester but all funds expire at the end of the spring semester.
- Dining Dollars (with the limited exception of the Mandatory $300 Dining Dollars plan, see below) are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Meal plans that include the VIP option offer the opportunity to use a meal swipe for a preset combination meal at branded campus dining locations. The VIP option is limited to one per day, Sunday through Thursday, between 8:00 PM and 10:00 PM, at participating locations.
Both meal components start on the first day of Big E Welcome week each semester and are accessed through your Colonel Card.
|Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 Meal Plans|
|Dining Dollars||Semester Rate||Average Meals per Week|
|7 Day All Access VIP
(Sunday - Saturday)
|7 Day All Access
(Sunday - Saturday)
|5-Day All Access VIP
(Monday - Friday)
|5-Day All Access
(Monday - Friday)
|Commuter/Faculty & Staff|
|$300 Dining Dollars||$300||$300||N/A|
|$500 Dining Dollars||$500||$500||N/A|
|150 Block VIP||$300||$1,500||~ 9|
|100 Block VIP||$300||$1,140||~ 6|
|75 Block||$300||$775||~ 5|
|50 Block||$300||$620||~ 3|
|25 Block||$300||$465||~ 2|
|Faculty & Staff Meal Plan (20 Block)||$0||$120||~ 1|
Faculty & Staff Meal Plan (10 Block)
Meal Plans are Mandatory for Most Students
All full-time undergraduate students under the age of 21, having earned fewer than 60 credit hours, or less than four academic semesters living on campus, are required to live in University residence hall facilities and must choose one of the residential meal plans. If you do not enroll in a meal plan, the minimum plan will be assigned to you at the beginning of the academic term (5-Day All Access with 300 Dining Dollars).
All other EKU undergraduate students with 2 credit hours or more in on-campus courses are required to participate in the Dining Dollars program. The minimum plan, $300 Dining Dollars, will be assigned and charged to the student account at the beginning of the academic term. At the end of the academic year (spring semester), students who were assigned this plan may request a refund of any unused Dining Dollars.
Please Note: Dining Dollars are only refundable from the $300 plan, Dining Dollars will not be refunded from any other plan, including the $500 Dining Dollars or any of the packaged meal plans.
How to Order
To enroll in a meal plan during enrollment, Log into MyEKU using your EKU email and password. Under the Student Services card, click on “Meal Plans”. Select the academic term for which you intend to purchase a meal plan. Select the meal plan that best meets your needs. Click on “Confirm” to finalize your selection.
Meal plans may be upgraded any time during the semester. Meal plans may be downgraded ONLY within the first two (2) weeks of the semester.
Changes to enrollment status after the first two weeks may allow for a meal plan adjustment; however, such changes will be subject University’s full-term refund scheduled, available in Colonel’s Compass.
* Any student who does not login to MyEKU and choose a meal plan will automatically be enrolled in the minimum required meal plan based on their enrollment status.