Skip to main content

Colonel Card

Colonel Card ID

Your Colonel Card serves as your official EKU identification and is used for services on campus like meal plans (meal swipes and flex dollars), building access, athletic and campus events, class attendance, Colonel Cash, and as a library card. All university community members should always keep their card with them while on campus.

Care of Card:

  • Clean with damp cloth as needed. If your ID gets wet, simply wipe the card with a dry cloth. Do not apply heat to the card, as it can cause it to become misshapen or damaged.
  • Avoid any activities that could result in the card bending or breaking. ID cards placed in the bottom of book bags tend to suffer when books are dropped in on top of them.
  • Avoid contact with magnetic forces as exposure can damage the magnetic strip of your ID. Avoid placing your ID on stereo equipment, microwaves, and cell phones.

Lost, Stolen, and Damaged Cards

If your Colonel Card is lost or stolen, report it immediately to the Colonel Card Office. A temporary hold can be placed on your card to prevent any unauthorized use; however, any transactions made with a lost card cannot be refunded. Visit the Colonel Card Office to receive a replacement the same day. Please note that replacement cards will result in a $25 fee charged to your student account.

Temporary Meal Passes

For students who know they have their card and just cannot put their hands on it, temporary meal passes can be provided.  Temporary meal passes may only be used in Case Kitchen by students who have a meal plan that includes meal swipes (all-access or block plans). Temporary passes cannot be issued for the use of flex dollars.

Frequently Asked Questions

When will I receive my Colonel Card ID?

In most cases, you will receive your Colonel Card during your orientation program. Otherwise, you may visit the Colonel Card Office to retrieve your card.

International students attending orientation programs will have ID distribution information included in their Pre-Arrival Information and Preparation Checklist.

What do I need to provide to retrieve my Colonel Card?

To pick up your Colonel Card, you must provide your student identification number, which is a nine-digit number that begins with 901, along with a government issued photo ID to verify your identity. A passport, US driver's license, state or military photo ID are acceptable verification documents.

I am an online student, but I still would like a Colonel Card. How do I get one?

The Colonel Card office does not automatically send out student IDs to online students, as most features of the card are for on-campus services. This being said, we want you to enjoy all aspects of college life, even if you never set foot on the Richmond campus. This card can be used to get into EKU sporting events and can be used for student discounts in many businesses across the country. Just email our office at and request a student ID. Follow the instructions on uploading an ID picture and we can have it sent straight to you.

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/