Your Colonel Card serves as your official EKU ID and is used for services on campus like meal plans, building access, student athletic tickets, class attendance, Colonel Cash, optional FLEX dollars, and as a library card. Keep it with you at all times.
*Note: Online-only students are not required to upload a photo and will not receive an ID card.
How to Submit Your Photo
Freshmen and transfer students who have registered for New Student Orientation can submit their photo online. Download the GET Mobile app for iOS or Android devices, select Eastern Kentucky University as your campus and login with the first part of your EKU email address (i.e. joe_colonel1) and password (used to log into your EKU email/Blackboard). You’ll find instructions for taking and uploading your photo.
Alternately, log in to EKU Direct and click on “GET - Upload Photo & Account Overview.” Log in using the first part of your email address (i.e. joe_colonel1) and password (used to log into your EKU email/Blackboard). Click “Upload ID Photo” under “Quick Links.”
Tips for Taking Your Photo
- Stand in front of a smooth, light background, such as a white wall.
- Use good lighting. Photos that are dark, overexposed, or show glare on glasses will not be accepted.
- Face forward and look at the camera.
- The photo should be a centered, front-facing headshot that doesn't need to go below the shoulders.
- Photo should be no larger than 1MB in size.
- Use a recent color photo in JPG format.
- Keep eyes open and visible.
- Use a white or light color with a smooth background.
- Center the photo and include a front view of the full face.
- Crop the image in a square just above the top of the head to the collarbone.
- Use good lighting.
- Don’t wear hats, graduation caps, sunglasses or other items that obscure your face.
- Don’t include other objects, animals, or people in the photo submitted.
- Don't use patterns, texture or scenic backgrounds for your photo.
- Don’t use images that have glare from glasses or heavy shadows.
- Don’t use images that are overexposed or underexposed.
- Don’t use filters
The Most Common Reasons Photos are Rejected
- The photo is too far away. Be sure to crop the photo so that it goes from the top of your head to the top of your shoulders.
- Exposure - The photo is too light or too dark.
- The background is not white or a light color. Bright blue or red backgrounds, for example, are not acceptable.
- High school graduation photos are frequently submitted, but they don’t use a white, smooth background and are a very high resolution which will not upload.
The Colonel Card ID Office will send an email to your EKU email address regarding whether your submitted photo is accepted or declined.
Picking Up Your Card
You will pick up your Colonel Card during New Student Orientation. Bring your student ID number and photo ID, such as a U.S. driver’s license, state ID or passport. Without those documents, you will not be able to pick up your Colonel Card.
Replacing Your Card
You can replace your Colonel Card if it gets lost or stolen. A $25 replacement fee will be charged to your student account.
Using Your Card as a Bank Card
Your Colonel Card may be linked with a US Bank account. This will allow it to function as your bank card on and off campus. Your Colonel Card will still function for all campus services if you choose not to link it with a bank account.
To link your card to your account, please visit the local US Bank branch at 200 E Main St. in Richmond or the location in the bottom floor of Powell. If your Colonel Card is linked to a US Bank account, it may be used similar to a debit card with a pin for purchases at physical locations. It may not, however, be used for online purchases. A separate card may be requested at a US Bank branch or location, which is linked to the same funds as the Colonel Card and can be used for online purchases.
Questions? Call 859.622.2179, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or email email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I receive my Colonel Card ID?
In most cases, you will receive your Colonel Card ID during your orientation Program. Information about ID distribution will be in your orientation schedule.
International students attending orientation programs will have ID distribution information included in their Pre-Arrival Information and Preparation checklist.
What do I need to do to get my Colonel Card ID
In order to pick up your ID card, you must provide your student ID which is a nine-digit student number that begins with 901 along with a government issued photo ID to verify your identity. A passport, US driver's license, state or military photo ID are acceptable verification documents.
Can someone else pick up my ID card for me?
No, we must verify your identity in person with a government issued photo ID. Only a passport, U.S. driver’s license, state ID or Military Photo ID or are acceptable to verify identity.
How will I know if the photo I submitted online was accepted?
You will receive an email from the Colonel Card Office within two business days indicating if your photo was accepted or declined.
When I log in to the online photo site, I don't see where I can add my photo. Can I still upload my photo?
You must be signed up for an undergraduate freshman or transfer orientation session in order to be eligible to upload a photo. All other students must be registered for class prior to being able to upload a photo.